Room Parent Responsibilities
Fun & Simple
Thank you for volunteering to be a Room Parent. Being a Room Parent is a very rewarding experience and it will give you a very special connection with your child’s classroom as well as school. Room Parents are an important link in the overall school communication network.
In addition, your individual teacher(s) may have expectations and activities that need parent support, so please discuss with them.
- Communicate frequently with your class parents about upcoming events. Assist new families and your teachers when needed.
- Encourage parents to sign up for class parties and then remind parent volunteers prior to the date of the parties they have signed up to handle. Typically parties are held for Halloween, Valentines Day, the Holiday Program, The End of the Year, etc. The teachers should have a list of whom signed-up for which.
- Encourage and coordinate class parents to volunteer for the fundraising events such as; Fiesta, Book Fairs, Art Auction as well as school activities and traditions.
- Implement the class project for the Art Auction.
- Coordinate the donations to the classroom basket for the Art Auction (The Auction Committee will assist you with deciding on a theme for your class basket) if needed.
- Implement teacher, staff, and special subject teacher appreciation gifts for the holidays and or at the end of the school year.
- Attend Parent Association Meetings: 1st Thursdays of every month, 9:00-10:00am @ Meyer Hall
Remember, you are strongly encouraged, as a Room Parent, to ask for assistance or delegate many of these tasks to the other parents in your classroom. You will find many of them ready and willing to help when called upon.
We know this is going to be a fun filled year and we are glad you chose to be an active parent. We are here to support you and guide you should you need us.
Parent Association PAM Co-Chairs:
- Liza Atwood
- Jill Greene Silver